Tying your Waistbeads
Tying supplies: waist beads, scissors, small bowl for excess beads and mirror to help place strand.
1. Hold your waist bead by the slipknot DO NOT RELEASE THE SLIPKNOT. You’ll notice an anchor bead at each end. Again DO NOT pull on or cut those yet.
2. Place strand around your waist in desired position, don’t suck your stomach in. With both ends in front of you, cross string and hold in place, pull both anchor beads to release the slipknot and unwanted beads.
3. Push beads that will be around waist, back away from the anchor and excess beads so there are no gaps between beads. Tie first knot as if tying a shoe.
4. Readjust your strand as needed. By removing or adding beads up the strand to get desired fit and positioning them.
5. Once positioned, pull both ends as tight as you can to remove gaps. Tie 1 more knot to reinforce "no gaps." Your beads should be “secure” for you to let go and finish the tying process. DO NOT PULL ON THEM.
6. Cut end of string right above anchor beads to allow extra beads to fall into dish. Take 2 of the 4 strands from opposite sides and tie 1 knot tightly. Switch and repeat with other 2 strands. Grab strands 2 by 2 in each hand and tie 2-3 more single knots tightly. Cut string about 1/4” from knot. Burn and roll if desired.
7. Turn strand where knot is in the back.
For the most comfortable fit, leave enough room for your hand to pass through the waist beads without it feeling tight. This will leave enough room for eating, sitting, moving, sleeping and bloating!